12 - 30 yrs
Close to Westmead train station.
Other services we provide
Youth Cancer NSW
Sydney Children's Hospital Network-Westmead
Treatment - Cancer Treatment Centre
Our group includes members of the:
- paediatric/adolescent oncology unit at Sydney Children's Hospital Network-Westmead;
- the adolescent/adult oncology unit at Westmead Hospital; and the
- adolescent/adult Sarcoma Unit at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital.
The combined resources of these units are able to provide care of all forms of cancer which occur in the AYA population, including leukaemia, brain tumours, sarcomas, lymphoma, melanoma, thyroid cancer and others.
As well as comprehensive chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgical oncology services, our groups offer bone marrow transplantation, survivorship and late effects clinics, fertility support, an adolescent medical service, palliative care, and comprehensive psychosocial evaluation and support.
The group includes surgical, medical, radiation, adolescent and paediatric oncologists. Youth Cancer NSW staff include:
- Dr Geoffrey McCowage (Children's Hospital Westmead);
- Dr Mark Wong (adult Westmead Hospital);
- Dr Verity Ahern (Children's Hospital Westmead and adult Westmead Hospital);
- Professor Martin Tattersall (Royal Prince Alfred Hospital);
- Ms Alison Baker (AYA Clinical Nurse Consultant in Westmead);
- Ms Kristyn Schilling (AYA Clinical Nurse Consultant within the Sarcoma Unit at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital);
- Dr Amanda Fernando (AYA Palliative Care physician at Westmead, in the position of Fellow)
* This service is a web service only and has no physical street address.
Last Updated :11/09/2012
| 1602 views
Report Incorrect Information
Be the first to leave a testimonial for this service.
You need to be logged in
to add a testimonial.
A young person with cancer
Brain Tumour | Germ Cell Tumours | Leukaemia | Lymphoma | Melanoma | Sarcoma | Thyroid Cancer | Other Cancer