If you are less than 15 years old, we would like to be sure that your parent or guardian agrees to your use of this website on the terms set out below. Take a moment now to check with them, because we need you to confirm that it is OK with them before using the site and before signing up for the ‘my profile’ section. If you would like to discuss your options about this with us, please email email@example.com.
YouthCancer.com.au Terms and Conditions
YouthCancer.com.au is here to help you find and access cancer-related services, however there are some terms and conditions which you must read carefully and agree to abide by when visiting, joining or using the Youth Cancer Search site at www.youthcancer.com.au. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, registered users and registered Service Providers who access this website. By using this website, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept them, you must not use this website.
The website is owned and operated by CanTeen, the Australian Organisation for Young People Living with Cancer ABN 77 052 040 516 (CanTeen), which has its National Office at Level 6, 235 Clarence St Sydney NSW 2000. There is no fee payable for use of the website by you.
We hope the information provided on this website is useful and helps you find the services you are looking for. If you believe that information on this site is inaccurate or inappropriate, please notify YouthCancer.com.au immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (02) 9262 1022.
The information provided by CanTeen is for general information only and is prepared without taking into account any person’s individual needs. The information, including any psychosocial and medical information, and information provided by users must not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with health professionals.
We accept listings from services providers in good faith based on their acceptance of these terms. We do not independently verify the extent to which they are legally authorised, capable or skilled in relation to the goods or services they claim to provide. We encourage you to conduct your own inquiries as to the quality and appropriateness of any goods or services referred to on this website.
Registration and security of passwords
When registering with YouthCancer.com.au at Register Service Provider page you should choose a log-in user name and password that does not identify you in any way.
Once you have it, you must not disclose your user name or password to anyone. Please keep it secure so that it is not copied or used by anyone other than you. This is for your safety, so that people who are not members of YouthCancer.com.au do not get access to your account. Please notify the YouthCancer.com.au by email at email@example.com or phone at (02) 9262 1022 if you think that another person may have used your user name or password. Once we know this we will deactivate your user name and password and will create a new one for you.
Commenting and Posting Guidelines
Information about you
When you register on the site, your log-in user name and password should not identify you in any way. When you add any content to the site, such as leaving feedback for a service provider, please do not give out your telephone number or physical address, or include any personal information about anyone else without their permission. You must also ensure that all feedback is accurate, fair and capable of being substantiated.
If you register as a service provider, you acknowledge that CanTeen may decide in its absolute discretion whether and when to publish your content on the website, without further notice to you. You must hold and maintain all appropriate licences, permits and insurance to provide the services you seek to promote through this website.
Remember that the information you add to YouthCancer.com.au, or give to others, (like any information on the Internet) may be accessible to anyone at anytime, and you may not be able to delete it later, because others may have already copied it or forwarded it to others.
Information about others
You must not post any photos or any other information about anyone else without their express permission. Only post photos of yourself and friends or family members who have give you permission to do so.
This website is not the place to act inappropriately or show any inappropriate behaviours including:
- personal abuse including abuse based on sex, religion, culture, race or sexuality
- posting images or conversations that could be in any way offensive, harmful or hurtful to yourself or others.
You must not use this website, nor submit, post or upload any content to the site in any way which:
- breaches any law or regulation, infringes our or anyone else’s rights (including privacy rights), breaches any standards, content requirements or codes promoted by any relevant authority;
- may be, or may encourage conduct that may be, unlawful, threatening, abusive, depicting violence or sexual activity, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or indecent, dangerous or otherwise inappropriate;
- may, or may encourage conduct that may, bully, harass, menace, threaten, abuse, put-down, offend or embarrass anyone;
- contains instructions in crime or drug use;
- is misleading or deceptive;
- infringes the copyright, moral rights, confidentiality rights or intellectual property rights of any person, for example, by reproducing songs, poems, articles, logos, trade marks, pictures, photos, music or other material that is not owned by you (or which you do not have a license to reproduce on the site); or
- may contain a virus or other code that may have harmful or destructive properties.
We may, at any time, without notice to you, edit, filter, remove or refuse to post any content which we consider in our absolute discretion to be inappropriate. We may also terminate your membership and/or suspend your access to the site in our absolute discretion and may refer the conduct or content to relevant law enforcement or regulatory authorities for further action. By submitting content to YouthCancer.com.au, you allow CanTeen to use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publish, display and broadcast that material on this site as well as in any promotional or communication activities of CanTeen conducted in Australia or overseas. You also indemnify CanTeen for any loss or damage it may suffer as a consequence of any breach by you of these terms.
You acknowledge that CanTeen’s role is to provide a directory of service providers only and it is not and will not otherwise be involved in dealings between users and service providers.
Content on this website
You may download material from this website and print a copy for your own personal non-commercial use, provided that you do not remove any copyright or trade mark notices contained on that material.
All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in this website and its contents are owned or licensed by CanTeen. Except as expressly permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), and these terms, you must not reproduce, modify or adapt this website or its contents.
You acknowledge that these terms do not transfer any intellectual property right to you in this website or its contents.
You accept responsibility for any content or material which you post or upload on the site, or which is posted by another person using your user name and password.
Security of information
We cannot guarantee against any loss, damage, alteration or misuse of the content, and will not be responsible for any harm that you or any other person may suffer in connection with any loss, damage, alteration, use or misuse of content posted to the site.
Linking to Youth Cancer Search
CanTeen permits and encourages links to content on this website from other websites (“third party websites”). You may provide a link to this website from a third party website, subject to the following conditions:
- we ask that you notify CanTeen of that link;
- you must clearly identify the link to this website as a link to the website of “YouthCancer.com.au”;
- you must regularly check the link to ensure that it remains current;
- you must not provide a link in a manner which disparages the reputation of Youth Cancer Search or CanTeen;
- you must not use the link for your own commercial or fundraising purposes; and
- CanTeen reserves the right to cancel its consent to a link at any time and, if requested by CanTeen, you must immediately remove the link to this website.
Links to other websites
Canteen provides links on this YouthCancer.com.au website to other websites that are not under its control (“linked websites”). In relation to linked websites, you acknowledge that:
- CanTeen is not able to control any content contained on those linked websites;
- CanTeen provides links to linked websites for convenience only and those links should not be construed as an endorsement, recommendation or approval by YouthCancer.com.au of those linked websites, or the owners or operators of those linked websites; and
- links to linked websites may not remain current or be maintained.
Changes to these terms and conditions
CanTeen may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately on publication on this website. Your use of the website at any time will be governed by the terms and conditions published on the website at that time. The date these terms and conditions were last updated is shown at the bottom of this page.*
You may terminate this agreement by ceasing to use the website and, if you have signed up, by requesting us to deactivate your account. We may terminate this agreement by ceasing to provide this website on an ongoing basis or, if your contact details become known to us, by notice to you. Terms which by their nature should survive termination will survive termination.
These terms and conditions are governed by the law applicable in New South Wales, Australia and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
If you have any questions, queries or for further information, please call CanTeen’s National Office on (02) 9007 0190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Last updated 12 September 2012.